Game Structure (Classroom)
This game instruction acts like a guideline. However, keep in mind to grant creativity and allow flexibility during the game as required.
All game rounds are adjustable and/or can be supplemented. There is nothing wrong with extending this game even further with own ideas and game rules.
Stick to the game rounds in the given order
We recommend to stick to the game rounds in the given order, especially when playing the game for the first time or in the case the experience level of the team is not that strong yet:
- Before starting the game with the participants, give a short introduction of the LeanActivity model and game approach.
- The game is played round by round. Play the game in the predefined order for a best learning result. The game round cards can be given to the participants or be presented by the moderator.
- Each round consists of tasks which the participants have to solve in the best manner. In the case of questions, the coach can intervene and support the team at any time.
- Prepare a tablet PC or laptop for the provided video instructions. Some of the game rounds come with a video to show some additional ideas and principles. The videos are available on LeanActivity Online Platform.
- After each round, the procedure and results of the round are discussed in the team. Use the flipchart / whiteboard to summarize some of the ideas and input given by the team during the game.
IMPORTANT: The key benefit of this game is to involve all participants in the solution finding process and to discuss each solution and approach.